Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Strawberry Champagne by Jamie Oliver

I love entertaining our friends at home and now that the summer is finally here I've started looking for some new, exciting and preferably simple recipes. Prosecco is one of my favourite summer drinks so I was very excited to find this recipe from Jamie Oliver! I can't wait to try it with my girlfriends:)



Ingredients


• a leaf of fresh mint
• 3 large handfuls of strawberries, preferably wild ones, hulled, washed and drained
• a bottle of bubbly, such as Prosecco or Champagne



This is the simplest recipe in the world and possibly one of the best Champagne cocktails I’ve ever tasted. A great way to start a summer dinner or party.Place the mint leaf and the strawberries in a sieve. Push the strawberries through the sieve into a bowl, using the back of a spoon. (You’re not really after the pulp, just the juice.) Chill until you are ready to serve your drinks.Divide the strawberry purée between six Champagne glasses, carefully fill with bubbly and enjoy!

Place the mint leaf and the strawberries in a sieve. Push the strawberries through the sieve into a bowl, using the back of a spoon. (You’re not really after the pulp, just the juice.) Chill until you are ready to serve your drinks.

Divide the strawberry purée between six Champagne glasses, carefully fill with bubbly and enjoy!

No comments: